Lenses to suit everyone.
No matter what your prescription or your requirements, we can supply the perfect lenses for you and as an independent opticians we can source them from whichever supplier we want meaning that we can provide you with; the best, the thinnest, the lightest and the toughest lenses available.
- Single Vision. These have a single prescription across their whole surface and are suitable for everything from driving, working or reading. If you need to wear glasses for distance and near vision you could wear separate pairs dedicated to each task, or you could consider varifocals.
- Bifocal. The lens is divided into two sections for near and distance but does not provide correction for mid distance.
- Varifocal. These do not have the visible line that bifocals have and all your eyesight needs can be corrected by one pair of glasses.
- Reading. These are for near vision only.
- Occupational. For mid and near vision such as computer work.
Coatings and features
- Hi index (extra thin and light lenses). These are a great solution for people with high prescriptions as they look better, are more comfortable and offer you a wider choice of frame options.
- Anti-reflection, scratch resistant and blue control (VDU use). Scratch resistant coatings make your lenses harder wearing and anti-reflection coatings are good for driving at night by reducing glare from street lights and car headlights. Many are easy clean, dust-resistant, anti-smudge and hydrophobic (water repellant). LCD and LED computer and television screens, smartphones, tablets and GPS devices all emit blue light, also known as high energy visible light. As the quality of such screens improves continuously, their blue light emission is increasing. Although blue light in itself is a natural phenomenon – it is present in daylight and helps us to stay awake – excessive amounts can have an adverse effect and cause eye strain and fatigue.
- Polarised. These cut out UV light and glare, so are great for watersports, skiing and driving.
- Photochromic (Reactive). These light reactive lenses adapt by darkening in bright light outside and then clearing inside. They also give you 100% UV protection. One of the recognisable brands is Transitions. We stock Transitions XTRActive these go extra dark outside and activate moderately behind the windscreen of a car making them a perfect choice for all year round.
- Tinted lenses. You can choose from a wide range of colour tints – brown, green and grey are the best for sunglasses.